20111011

Day 1

First Day of Work


First day of work.  Headed in.  Once again, didn’t have time to unload the car completely.  More specifically, the roof of the car.  At least this time it’s bikes and not a lawn mower. 

In a way I feel like it’s my first day as an adult.  Sure, I’ve been getting a paycheck for over 17 years.  Sure, I have 2 kids and I’ve been married for 7 years.  Sure, I’ve owned a house, traveled independently, finished a graduate degree and post-graduate education.  Sure, I’m 30 in 2 months.

But for the first time I’m starting the job I trained for.  Literally fought for.  Stayed up all night on multiple occasions for.  Almost lost my marriage for.  And I feel…unsettled.  

Not like when you wonder if you've made the right decision.  I purposely no longer wonder that.  It's a moot point, anymore.

Nervous, like when you get up to give a speech you should have spent another hour preparing.  Like when you're in England and you're not sure which way to hold your fork.  Like taking your drivers license test for the first time, and you almost hit the car next to you while backing out, and he passed you anyway.  And now you're on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment